I thought I'd share with you all some great, handmade gift ideas from some of my favourite small businesses! Please help support a small business this year. Did you know on Saturday December 5th it's Small Business Saturday? What do you get for the horse owner who has everything - here are some suggestions!
1. First up we have a gift perfect for this time of year! Stylishly, keep yourself warm - perfect for those frosty morning dog walks or snowy rides out. They are made to measure so can fit snuggly under your riding hat. Handmade by Suzanne of SP Equestrian, each item is lovingly stitched on her vintage sewing machine.
I wear my neck warmer and headband out on shoots and they defniately make you toasty! There's also the option to embroider your logo, quote, slogan or your horses name on to the headbands too.
Made using tweed material with a fleece lining, there are plenty of fabric patterns and colours to choose from. Winter warmer sets make great, practical gifts!
Suzanne also makes stocks and a range of other wonderful goodies!
Headwarmers - £15
Embroidered Headwarmers - £18
Headwarmer and Neck Warmer set - £30
2. Bex makes beautiful browbands and collars for the feline and canine members of the family. There are endless combinations of ribbon, gems and diamontes in so many different designs. The Ultimate Bling browbands have to be my favourite - the light catches so well on them! Dolly can't wait to sport her Christmas browband out on a
ride over the holidays!
Bex can also customise over reach boots, fly veils and saddlecloths!
Ribbon browbands from £8
UB 1/2" from £30
Diamante & Beaded browbands from £25 Ribbon dog collars from £8 Diamante/Beaded collars from £15
Show Browbands from £15
Cat collars from £8.50
3. Jenni works her magic on your horses tail hair to transform them in to a beautiful piece of jewellery! There are several designs to choose from, with the optional extras of charms available too. A perfect keepsake gift for a horse that has passed, or a beautiful, personal item that will be treasured forever. From dainty twists, to chunky plaits, there is a style to suit every wrist!
Prices from: £20 (Plus P&P)
4. A shameless plug from me, there's nothing more thoughtful than a photo shoot gift voucher? What could be better than spending 2 hours in the surroundings of your yard, sharing special moments with your equine friends? Photographs serve as an everlasting reminder of the fun you had with your horse or pony. Capturing memories and sharing stories through photographs, full of life, character and personality. Hair and make up packages available too!
Here's a little special offer for those of you who have already had a shoot this year, perhaps your friends would like to treat you to some of the images from your gallery?
5. I can't think of anything else to describe these delightful little models except - adorable! Charlie creates fun mini-models of your favourite horse or pony. Using photographs, Charlie can add the unique markings to make each one individual and special.
Price: £6.50 each (Plus P&P)
6. Now, this might sound a little strange, but bare with me!
Treat a friend or family member to a lay in! Becka is a reliable, efficent, caring and trustworthy freelance groom serving the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hampshire counties. Let Becka take care of the horses whilst they catch up on some well deserved sleep. Or, treat them to a lovely day out, they can relax knowing the horses are in safe hands.
Clipping, riding, plaiting and yard cover available too!
Prices: vary upon the number of horses, duties and travel expenses