And on a slightly more serious note, just to protect my livelihood and yourselves as my wonderful customers:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMMISSIONING AND REPRODUCTION OF PICTURES FROM Daydream Equine Art and Photography.
Terms and Conditions
By financially securing your deposit you accept these terms of contract.
Each client is important to me and the terms of contract are to safeguard the client’s interests and the photographer.
Once the Client has made a booking for a specific time and date, Daydream Equine Art and Photography will not accept any other work from other clients for those times and dates.
(a) Picture includes a photograph, transparency, negative, digital scan, design, artwork, painting, montage drawing, engraving or any other item which may be offered for the purposes of reproduction.
(b) Reproduction includes any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any picture and whether or not altered by printing, photography, artist's reference, artist's illustration, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means.
(c) The Client is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the Client is acting for a third party).
1) All content is retained as full and complete title by Daydream Equine Art and Photography. Redistribution, resale or alteration of said content is prohibited worldwide. Submitted material is taken as permission to be used by Daydream Equine Art and Photography.
2) Rose Lewis of Daydream Equine Art and Photography asserts both a moral right to be identified as the author of her work and the right to a credit is asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
The client(s) hereby allows Daydream Equine Art and Photography to display any photograph covered by this contract magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc. Photographs from private commissions will NOT be sold on to other companies, they will only be use to advertise and promote the work of Daydream Equine Art and Photography. Permission to use photographs of children under the age of 16 will be sought by Daydream Equine Art and Photography from their parent/guardian/carer over the age of 18 years, before an image is shared on social media.
3) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, if any picture reproduced by the Client omits the copyright notice or credit line specified by Daydream Equine Art and Photography A fee will become payable by the Client and shall be notified accordingly.
4) Daydream Equine Art and Photography reserves the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction licence to a third party when requested to do so by the Client.
5) This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to English Law and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of the Courts of England.
6) No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.
7) Deposits secure the date and time of your booking. Deposits are non-refundable; however dates can be transferred in the mutual agreement that the weather will prevent a successful shoot. Additionally, horse/pet injury/lameness, which would cause stress or affect their welfare, will also allow the shoot date to be transferred. 24 hours’ notice is required for a shoot to be postponed to the next mutually suitable date. Clients should be aware that this may be for a few weeks, however Daydream Equine Art and Photography will reschedule for the next possible date. Deposit amount will be deducted from the shoot/print price.
8) Daydream Equine Art and Photography is not responsible to any injury caused to an individual or animal during the time of the shoot. Choosing to ride without a helmet is entirely at the rider’s discretion. However, we will never intentionally put you or your pet out of their comfort zone which will increase the chance of injury.
9) The client is responsible to ensure that permission is granted to photograph at the chosen location of their shoot.
10) Data submitted (email addresses and other contact details) will never be re-distributed, or sold to third parties, and will only be used by Daydream Equine Art and Photography.
11) Daydream Equine Art and Photography reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions above.
Daydream Equine Art and Photography will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend the booking and an alternative date cannot be agreed when due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding etc. As much notice as possible will be given by Daydream Equine and Photography to ensure the client is inconvenienced as little as possible.